In the great WindowsBlogItalia blog some time ago was posted a tweak (Come attivare la funzionalità Anti-Adware di Windows Defender su Windows 10) that can be useful if you do not have a Windows 10 Enterprise: in fact only on that version the Anti-Adware feature is enabled by default that can be anyway used on all Windows 10 versions (even the Windows 10 Home edition) using the following procedure dove si legge:
An Anti-Adware feature allows to detect possibly not desired SW and it is a feature that should be of interest for many of us!! So, here there are the simple instructions:
- On the search box write regedit.
- Allow the User Account Control [IT: Controllo dell’account utente].
- Navigate into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\MpEngine.
Note: if the MpEngine is not available, click on the right mouse on the Windows Defender folder and select New -> Key [Nuovo > Chiave].
- Create a new DWORD 32-bit and call it MpEnablePlus.
Note: also in 64-Bit systems you should create a DWORD 32-bit (not a QWORD 64-bit).
- Assign to it an hexadecimal value of 1 to activate the detect of possible undesired.
- Save and close RegEdit.
- Restart the PC to make that function run: from now on all the downloaded applications that have some “strange” features will be blocked!