In this post I will put information and useful links related to the Template 10 and possibly I’ll add also some considerations using it: therefore it is an ongoing post that will contain more and more contents … whenever I’ll find something interesting to point out on this topic! You can find more useful information about Windows 10 programming in the post Programming for Windows 10: useful links.
Template 10 is a Windows app project templates available now also in the Visual Studio gallery and you can use it for your project as follows:
You can find more info in Template 10 (Visual Studio 2015 extension, Documentation, Issues).
Please read, from the Template10’s wiki, the advice First things first, getting the T10 templates to build: because the Visual Studio tooling for NuGet 3 in UWP apps is quite new, you must restore the packages from NuGet before they will build. There are three steps to get it to work, and this is a one-time process.
- Open the Package Manager Console (from Tools or press Ctrl+Q, type “pac man” and ensure “Allow NuGet to download missing packages” and “Automatically check for missing packages during build in Visual Studio” are both checked (true) in the Options dialog.
- Right-click your Solution, and select Clean.
- Right-click your Solution, and select Rebuild.
- Select your project, and click the “Refresh” button at the top of Solution Explorer.
- Template10, un nuovo approccio nello sviluppo di Universal Windows app – Le basi
- Template10, un nuovo approccio nello sviluppo di Universal Windows app – I controlli
- Template10, un nuovo approccio nello sviluppo di Universal Windows app – Il pattern MVVM
Be careful – The NuGet dependences are not included in the template, but they are downloaded at the first compilation of the project. Even compiling my solution I experimented some errors (yellow triangle on the Tempalte10 reference): I tried also to redo the reference of NuGet but without success.; then I deleted it and downloaded again with the NuGet Package Manager. The problem I had was probably related to the proxy of my firm that may be blocked some connection with NuGet: once connected directly to Internet and reloaded that template with the NuGet Package Manager, everything was OK. Anyway now that Template10 is also in the Visual Studio gallery, that is the easiest way to use it (include in your Visual Studio 2015 and than see it as one of the available templates!
Template 10 Template Pack (Visual Studio Market place)
- Getting Started with Template 10 (Video tutorial on Microsoft Virtual Accademy )
Pingback: Programming for Windows 10: useful links | Enzo Contini Blog